Crime & Safety
Investigation Continues Into Lower Providence Shooting
Five individuals were detained following a shooting in a quiet Trooper neighborhood on Sept. 2. No charges have yet been announced.

LOWER PROVIDENCE, PA — The investigation into a shooting incident in a quiet Montgomery County neighborhood which left one person injured is still ongoing, and no charges have been announced.
Five individuals were detained following a shooting on a Trooper block, described as "quiet and peaceful" by Lower Providence Police Chief Stanley Turtle, on Sept. 2. It's not yet clear if one of those individuals was a suspect, or for how long they were detained.
The incident occurred at around 10:50 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 2 on the 100 block of Hollywood Avenue.
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police arriving at the home said they encountered a chaotic scene with several people outside of the home and yelling.
The victim, Andrew Thompson, 30, of Bridgeport, was shot once, authorities said. Police did not say where he had been shot. He was flown to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in Philadelphia for emergency surgery, and was in stable condition on Wednesday afternoon.
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
It's not yet clear what led to the shooting. Police on the scene detained the five individuals as they "controlled" the area.
Lower Providence Police are leading on the case, and it will be referred to the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office, who will determine if any of those individuals will be charged.
Patch file photo
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.