Politics & Government

4th Chester Co. Coronavirus Case Found As More Shut Downs Ordered

The fourth case of coronavirus was found in Chester County Sunday, and Gov. Wolf ordered all of the county's bars and restaurants to close.

CHESTER COUNTY, PA — The fourth case of coronavirus was found in Chester County Sunday, as Gov. Wolf ordered all of the county's bars and restaurants to close to stop the spread of the virus.

Chester is one of five counties around the state, along with Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, and Allegheny, to have establishments ordered closed by Gov. Wolf. Wolf had previously "strongly recommended" all nonessential businesses to shut down, but many remained open.

Sign up for Patch news alerts.

Find out what's happening in Phoenixvillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Businesses which offer carry-out, delivery, or drive-thru services can remain open.

The new Chester County victims include a 54-year-old man from East Goshen and a 20-year-old woman from East Goshen, county officials said. Both are currently out of state, and are isolated at home resting.

Find out what's happening in Phoenixvillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

That's in addition to the previously reported positives, including a 56-year-old woman from West Pikeland and a 30-year-old man from North Coventry.

A total of 16 new cases were announced on Sunday, bringing the statewide total to 63, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Health.

>>Restaurants, Bars In 5 PA Counties Ordered Closed By Governor

Chester County will hold a Telephone Town Hall on Tuesday, March 17 at 10 a.m. to provide updated guidance and information on basic services to small businesses for "these unprecedented times," officials said. Learn more and register here.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.