Crime & Safety

Man Accused Of Attacking Victim With Cerebral Palsy In West Chester Fails To Show Up For Hearing

A warrant has been issued and the Chesco Fugitive Unit has been dispatched after Barry Baker failed to show up for his Thursday hearing.

WEST CHESTER, PA — A warrant has been issued and the Chester County Fugitive Unit has been dispatched after Barry Baker, the man accused of assaulting a victim with cerebral palsy, failed to show up for his Thursday hearing.

The Chester County District Attorney's Office said that Baker also failed to appear for a hearing in a domestic relations matter earlier on Thursday, and that a second warrant has been issued for his arrest.

"The defendant should turn himself in immediately to address these warrants," said District Attorney Tom Hogan. "We will not quit until we find him."

Find out what's happening in West Chesterfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

West Chester Police and other law enforcement agencies are joining the Fugitive Unit in the hunt for Baker.

Baker's mockery and then assault of the 22-year-old victim outside of a West Chester 7-11 made national headlines and sparked furor on social media after surveillance video of the incident was released to the public.

Find out what's happening in West Chesterfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

If you have any information on Baker's whereabouts, please contact authorities at 610-696-2700.

See Patch's full coverage of the incident below:

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.