Crime & Safety

Accused Galleria Shooters Seeking Bond

Two of the three men charged with capital murder in the July 3 shooting death of Royta Giles at Riverchase Galleria are seeking bond.

Two of the three accused Galleria shooters are requesting bond.
Two of the three accused Galleria shooters are requesting bond. (Michael Seale/Patch)

HOOVER, AL — Two of the three men charged with capital murder in the July 3 shooting death of 8-year-old Royta Giles at Riverchase Galleria Mall are asking a judge to grant them bond. King Gary Williams and Demetrius Dewayne Jackson, Jr. filed separate motions Monday seeking bond.

The teens turned themselves in last week after Hoover police posted security photos of them at the scene of the shooting. Both have been charged with capital murder in the Royta's death, and assault in the shooting of three other victims at the scene. Those victims are recovering from their injuries.

Related: More Arrests Made In Fatal Galleria Shooting

Find out what's happening in Birminghamfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Montez Moses Miracle Coleman was also arrested and charged with the same offenses. Lieutenant Keith Czeskleba of the Hoover Police Department said an investigation found that Coleman got into a verbal argument on the first level of the mall, near the food court.

"We distributed images of five persons of interest to the media on Sunday, July 5th at 5:30 P.M.," the Hoover Police Department said in a statement. "Within hours, we received numerous tips identifying all of the individuals depicted in the photographs. Detectives have interviewed these individuals and talked with several citizens who came forward with additional information."

Find out what's happening in Birminghamfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The three men charged are scheduled to go to court September 23 for a preliminary hearing.

SEE ALSO:

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Birmingham