Crime & Safety
Man Who Killed Wife, Left Body In House For 2 Days Convicted
The man called 911 and told dispatchers he killed his wife.

A 33-year-old McHenry man has been found guilty of murdering his wife in June 2016. Anthony Harrison now faces between 20 to 60 years in prison when he is sentenced in November. Harrison beat, strangled and stabbed his wife, Laura, in June 2016, authorities said.
He then called 911 for medical assistance after attempting suicide, according to a news release from the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.
While on the phone with the 911 dispatcher, Harrison reported that he had killed his wife, Laura Harrison, inside the house two days earlier. When officers responded to the residence, Harrison again told them he had killed his wife.
Find out what's happening in Crystal Lake-Caryfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Within the residence, officers found Laura Harrison who had been stabbed, beaten and strangled. Upon further investigation, officers discovered that, within hours of murdering his wife, Harrison purchased numerous items to attempt to conceal or destroy evidence of the murder, according to prosecutors.
Authorities belevie Harrison intended to burn down the house with Laura’s body still inside.
Find out what's happening in Crystal Lake-Caryfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Harrison was found guilty of first-degree murder. A sentencing range for the offenses is 20 to 60 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Harrison will be sentenced on November 16.
PHOTO VIA SHUTTERSTOCK
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.