Community Corner
5-Year-Old Thrown At Mall Of America Remains In Intensive Care
The Woodbury boy thrown off of the third floor at the Mall of America has undergone 15 different surgeries and procedures, his family said.

WOODBURY, MN — The 5-year-old boy who was thrown off of the third floor at the Mall of America in April remains in intensive care due to severe complications from his injuries, according to his family. Landen was thrown 40 feet on April 12 by a man who later admitted in court he was trying to kill him.
Landen’s father said he has undergone 15 different surgeries and medical procedures while in intensive care, according to the family’s GoFundMe page, including surgeries for two broken arms and a broken leg, removal of his spleen, and procedures for fluid in his lungs and stomach, as well as for facial and skull fractures.
“(Landen) remains in intensive care where he has been since his admission, under constant treatment and monitoring, and we are still unsure when our family will be able to return home,” his father said in the GoFundMe update. “Throughout, your support has lifted each of us and reminded us of the power of God’s love. But our focus must continue to be solely on his recovery and the health of our entire family. Thanks again to each of you for your prayers and best wishes. Please continue to pray for him.”
Find out what's happening in Woodburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A total of $1,035,500 has so far been raised for the boy's family.
The man accused of throwing Landen pleaded guilty in court last month. Emmanuel Aranda, 24, of Minneapolis was charged with attempted premeditated first-degree murder. Aranda agreed to a sentence of 19 years in prison, the maximum allowed under the Minnesota sentencing guidelines.
Find out what's happening in Woodburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
GoFundMe is a Patch promotional partner
RELATED:
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.