Community Corner
Donations Needed For Family Of Dad And 5-Year-Old Killed In GWB Crash
Five-year-old Marianna Pedercini and her father, Hector, died after the SUV they were in struck a tractor-trailer Thursday.

FORT LEE, NJ — An online fund has been started to help the family of a father and 5-year-old who were killed in a motor vehicle crash on the George Washington Bridge Thursday.
Five-year-old Marianna Pedercini and her father, Hector, 50, of Howell were pronounced dead at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, police previously said. The family's GMC Acadia struck the back of a tractor-trailer that was stopped in the left lane on the eastbound upper level on the New York side of the bridge.
Three other people were in the SUV: Hector Pedercini's wife and Marianna's mother, Mariella Pedercini, 40, her 1-year-old child, whose name was not released, and her mother, 64-year-old Elda Lainez, also of Howell.
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
RELATED: Police Release IDs Of NJ 5-Year-Old, Man Killed In GWB Crash
"You could find them watching a soccer game together or taking a walk on the beach," Krys Michele wrote on the GoFundMe page. "Their smiles could light up any room."
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
More than $1,500 has been donated to the campaign in the 14 hours since Michele launched it. The goal is to raise $25,0oo. The money will be used to offset funeral expenses and help pay for medical bills.
"Any contribution can help this family get through this difficult time," Michele said.
Email daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.
Patch file photo
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.