Crime & Safety
N.Y. Man Charged With Robbing Fort Lee Bank Due In Court
Isaac Nesbit, 30, allegedly threatened to shoot people if the teller did not give him cash during the Jan. 20 robbery, authorities said.

FORT LEE, N.J. — The man accused of robbing a borough bank and running across a highway was due to appear in federal court Friday.
Isaac Nesbit, 30, was slated to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge James B. Clark III in Newark federal court.
Nesbit allegedly threatened to shoot everyone in the Bank of New Jersey during the Jan. 20 if a teller did not hand him cash, said U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman.
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
RELATED: N.Y. Man Charged With Robbing Fort Lee Bank
Nesbit allegedly ran across 14 lanes of highway traffic after robbing the bank, police previously said. Authorities stopped him at the New York City-bound bus stop of the George Washington Bridge; police found the stolen cash in Nesbit's back pocket. Authorities did not say how much money Nesbit took from the bank.
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Nesbit has been held at the Bergen County Jail since his arrest, Fishman said.
Nesbit was charged with robbery, making terroristic threats and obstruction of administration of the law.
Nesbit faces a possible 20-year jail sentence and a $250,000 fine if he is found guilty.
Send local news tips, photos, and press releases to daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.
Photo: Isaac Nesbit, 29, of New York City/Background image via Shutterstock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.