Crime & Safety
GWB Jumper's Body Recovered In West New York: Police
Ferando Fernando Martin, 29, of Pennsylvania, jumped off the bridge Monday morning.

FORT LEE, NJ — The body of a 29-year-old man was pulled from the Hudson River Monday — the same day he became the ninth person this year to jump to his death from the bridge, police said.
West New York police officers pulled Ferando Fernando Martin's body from the river at Port Imperial, said Joe Pentangelo, a spokesman with the Port Authority Police Department.
Martin was from Hazelton, Pennsylvania, Pentangelo said.
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Martin abandoned a Honda sport utility vehicle on the bridge midspan, went onto the south walkway and jumped, Pentangelo previously said.
Five of the nine people who have committed suicide at the bridge this year have done so within the last few weeks, police said.
Find out what's happening in Fort Leefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
There were 16 confirmed suicides in 2013 and 18 in both 2014 and 2015, up from a recent low of 12 in 2013, Pentangelo said.
Correction: An earlier version of this story stated that the man's name was Ferando Fernando. His name is Ferando Fernando Martin. Port Authority Police initially provided the wrong name to Patch.
Email daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.
Patch file photo
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.